Computer Organization and Architecture
© 2019 EDUKUM.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- Refers to various physical aspects of computer systems.
- Refers to the operational units and their interconnections.
- Is how the features are implemented.
- Differs between different versions.
- E.g., circuit design, control signals, memory types.
- Logical aspects of system implementation as seen by the designer.
- Those attributes of a system that has a direct impact on the logical execution of a program.
- These attributes are visible to the programmer.
- All intel x86 family share same architecture.
- E.g., instruction sets, instruction formats, data types, addressing modes.
- M. Morris Mano: Computer System Architecture
- William Stalling: Computer organization and architecture
- John P. Hayes: Computer Architecture and Organization