Construction and Building materials provide an international forum for the dissemination of research and development in the field of construction and building materials and their application in new works and repair practice.
The materials and technology covered include: cement, concrete reinforcement, bricks and mortars, additives, corrosion technology, ceramics, timber, steel, polymers, glass fibers, recycled materials and by-products, sealants, adhesives.
The scope of Construction and Building Materials include, but is not restricted to, new works and repair and maintenance of the following: bridges,high-rise buildings,dams,civil engineering structures,silos, highway pavements,tunnels,water containment structures,sewers ,roofing,housing,coastal defenses.
At a time when the pressure is on all engineers, architects and contractors to optimize use of new materials and up-to-date technologies,Construction and Building Material provides essential information that will help improve efficiency, productivity and competitiveness in world markets. It is therefore vital reading for all professionals and academics involved with research into, or specification of, building materials.
Scope of Subject
- Buildings, roadways, railways, water supply systems, sanitations, slope stabilization, bridges, miscellaneous and repairing works seek the knowledge regarding construction materials.
- Coming from the historical developments of construction materials.
- From the historic development of human civilization.
- Use of engineering materials starts from beginning of Neolithic period.
- Man at historic age learned to make weapons of stone for their uses.
- At Stone Age they (people) used to live within natural cave.
- Food scarce due to overpopulation and they start plantation.
- By shaping appropriate stone they used it as digging tools.
- By trunk of trees they start to make their safe shelter themselves.
- In that way they were entered in to agricultural age.
- Similarly semiconductors and others were developed.
Selection Criteria of Constructing Materials
- Civil Engineering Construction Materials
Civil Engineering Construction Materials deals with the study of materials taking an account of the following parameters:
- Composition and properties (physical, chemical, mechanical & thermal).
- Sources of materials (from which extracted).
- Manufacturing methods and quality testing.
- Uses of materials as per technology and demands.
- Efficient, economical and long lasting methodology of selection and handling of the engineering materials.